Thursday, August 14, 2008

Winning Performance ------ Jodo Philosophy

Every Saturday I sneak to Jodo class while my parents are expecting me to be sited safely in some sort of remedial lesson. At the age of 12 years old, my mind is fresh and open to new thoughts. Somehow, the First lesson form the Judo Instructor has not vanished, it is like frog's egg in the pond, it becomes visible whenever the water is stirred.

Been a trainer in Police Academy, the instructor has delivered the openning speech in his unusual style,--- "Judo is about throwing your opponent on the floor ok, before you learnt how to throw ok, you must learnt how to fall ok. Only those able to stand up without injuries ok, they stand a chance to be the winner ok. This lesson is know as BREAK-FALL ok." At that time, never in my mind that the simple Judo teaching has extended its tentacles like octopus into many area of my life later on. Somehow the Prophecy has came true in other ways. Falling actually make one stronger if they are able to stand up. (I will elaborate this in later posts because there is no direct relation to this story) The instructor continues, "The basic of falling is don't be afraid, this is part of the game ok, don't resist the fall , accept it naturally ok, protect your weakness ok, relax your body, let go your mind and enjoy the fall ok, because the battle is waiting for you."

My story is pretty obvious at this moment, it is not about winning. As a matter of fact, losing is today's subject. Hey! come on! you mean after those bullshit! we are talking about losing. Anyway, who the hell on earth like to be defeated, like the feeling of a loser, like all your friend to comfort you like a little baby, like to stick their head like an ostrich, ----------.

Exactly, the winner don't need all those, winner can handle winning anytime, winner is overjoyed. We don't have to talk about handling winning situation. Like money, you don't have to teach anyone from any age group on how to spend, but earning is the problem.

We have to accept the reality that without a Loser, there is no Winner. It is part of the game.
I always re-phrase those word like prayer whenever I fall ------ " The basic of losing is don't be afraid, this is part of the game ok, don't resist losing, accept it naturally ok, protect your weakness ok, relax your body, let go your mind and enjoy the lose ok, because the battle is waiting for you."

I have not won in my Judo class, it is exposed after I have fractured my arm (See, if you cannot fall properly), my parents have put it to a stop.

Back to my initial post again, is this the point of Winning Performance ? Can I call this BREAK-LOSE or LOSE-PROOF ?

Ok ! I have not continued my Judo, I have not done well in Golf --- . what next!

Latest Articles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner